Monday 21 November 2011

let's get this shit started

So I've been pressured into making a blog as a starting point of a career path into music journalism, thus you shall consequently hear my tremendous stories of metal exploits and the gigs I attend. Luckily for all of you, I am incredibly passionate about my music especially my live music so lets hope this is FTW.

I have attended near on 14 gigs this year including huge bands like Judas Priest and Motley Crue to local bands like Claim the Throne. I may share past stories of greatness or anger but I will always review the gigs I go to so lets just see how this goes.  So let's start with this year, a year that started with an amazing show that may not be everyone's cup of tea but regardless blew me away. The first gig I saw was the ever amazing STING and his symphonicity tour, and what a way to start a year and amazing voice and amazing showman. The songs were amazing and he always stopped to tell us little stories. It was a good relaxing way to start a huge year. Following that I was blessed to Rammstein in February with more fire than I have ever seen on a stage. What's better than seeing Til Leidman straddle a large pink cannon and shoot foam all over the crowd?

Next on the bill was the absolutley indescribebly FUCKING AMAZING Iron Maiden. Bruce Dickinson has a power over the crowd that few men possess and he trully knows how to use it. The man barely stops for a breath and every part of that band is pure unstoppable METAL!

I wont go into every gig I've seen because well that would take too long but one last story is one that all metal heads must learn to tell on there own. I made the pilgirimige to the holy Wacken land and there is nothing quite like it. I saw some of the greatest bands on earth converge on a farm in northern Germany and spent days drinking with vikings. It was the greatest thing I have ever experienced. The point is I've done some cool shit and, well, I've got some cool stories to tell and perhaps you will enjoy reading this as I shoot the shit about my one true passion. So for now im gonna leave it.

When next you hear from me, I will be discussing the amazing TENACIOUS D! So maybe I'll gain some followers, maybe I wont lets see how this goes so to those reading metal on my friends.

The Oompa Loompa.

No comments:

Post a Comment